The Alliance believes the time is long overdue to end the United States economic embargo towards Cuba and foster better political, economic, and cultural relations between the two countries.
The Alliance is hopeful the Obama administration and the United States Congress will have the political courage to do what is right for America regarding United States Cuba policy. It is in America’s national interest to engage the Cuban Government as it is, not how we want it to be.
- Lifting travel ban so all Americans will have the right to travel to Cuba as do Cuban-Americans and other citizens of the world.
- Remove Cuba from list of terrorist countries. There is no evidence Cuba commits acts of terrorism against the United States or any other country.
- Return of the Cuba Five (now 4, because René Gonzalez has served his full 15-year sentence) to Cuba.
- Return of Alan Gross by negotiating with Cuban government to release him on humanitarian grounds.
- Educating the American people and its leaders to end U.S. Cold War foreign policy toward Cuba.